Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Visual Communication Art - Based on BIM Poems

With the support of Malaysian Sign Language and Deaf Studies (MyBIM), Deaf community in Malaysia successfully produced twelve BIM (Malaysian Sign Language) poems, including mine (Anthony’s Walls) in February 2021 & other 11 BIM poems performed in February, March and October 2022. All thanks to the British Council and Krishen Jit Fund making the production possible! 

What fascinated me is that BIM poems can be transformed into some artistic artworks. Here, I am looking at one of the artworks, done by Nicholas Sheum. The artwork is in black background on paper. I saw many moving hands. Once I look at the artwork, I cannot easily take my eyes off the artwork. The hands are alive! Could you believe that? I think it would be best if you go to see the artworks yourself. You will feel what I felt! 

A total of 12 artworks are created based on 6 selected poems out of 12 poems produced in 2021 and 2022. The artworks are available for your appreciation at an exhibition. 

Date: 16 - 18 December, 2022 (Friday to Sunday) 
Time: 12pm to 12am Place: Bukit Kiara Equestrian Resort 
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CmBulmTLu...
 
The artist will be at the exhibition from 2pm to 6pm on 16-18 December 2022. He will talk about the artworks. Take this opportunity to experience BIM poems through the artworks.



Here we are at the exhibition. You can see a few photos we took at the exhibition. 




BIM poets were coming for their hands photoshoot at the studio on 15 October 2022. 


No comments:

Post a Comment